Arizona Trail Tiger Mine Road (Oracle) to Picketpost (Superior) Bike Packing Trip Quotes

I've not had time to write on our second bike packing adventure and may not ever get around to it but here are some of the best quotes to come of it. The sections we did were super brutal especially that second day so you have to read these as if we are delirious, starving, out of water, and stanky:

Mel - HAB Queen
Almost there we thought. Not at all.











15. (towards the end) You laughed and called me a food hoarder when I busted out all 500 lbs of food yesterday but look who's feeding you now.

14. Ugh why do I feel like we're going the opposite way every other minute? Um they're called switchbacks.

13. Do you get service? Um yeah 3G...uh what in the world, we are a million miles from civilization. Technology is ridiculous.
Power lines would shock Mels legs and butt

12. We could die out here and you're wasting your battery Facebooking. 2 sec later - did you post that one of me yet? I looked good.


11. (thinking to myself) go numb go numb, keep your mind occupied, block out negative thoughts if you want to make it. (starts doing math in head) no not that, gross, thinking math will burn too many calories


10. Why don't they put mile markers on the trail for people who are stupid enough to not learn how to work their gps unit before venturing off into the desert?

Found a friend on the trail

9. It's really hard to concentrate when I smell so bad.


8. Oh your friend said he can come and get us? Just like that huh. Does he have a f*$#@!g helicopter?

So purty

7. If hike-a-biking was an Olympic sport you'd be a gold medalist. (me to mel as she was HABing faster than I could ride. It was seriously insane how fast she can HAB) 


6. Mel - What a great idea to take all these salsa, mayo, ketchup packets from QT. Me - Yeah 'cause when we run out of food we'll be eating condiments.

Found another friend on the trail

5. (At night) Me - What is that growling sound? (Pulls out my mace) Mel - Didn't you see those 5 tents? It's someone snoring. Me - Oh I thought it was a lion.


4. My legs are fine, I'm not tired at all. I feel like I could go for another 100 days if not for my p**sy. I don't think this chammy butter is working.

Gila River

3. Whoever said the last 6 miles to Picketpost was downhill can go F**K themselves.


2. The end HAS to be close (said every minute for 20 hours)


Completely delirious

1. Why are we doing this? *shrugs shoulders* I have no idea. *keeps riding*



Comments

Popular Posts